Eat green this holiday season and stay alkaline by trying this nutritious and sweet Magick Matcha glazed donut recipe! All the foods we consume fall somewhere on the PH scale, either being acidic or alkaline. Our Magick Matcha elixir contains an organic Japanese matcha that is rich in alkalinity and chlorophyll, which combat against inflammation. This elixir also contains maca root, pine pollen, green tea pollen, and lotus pollen. Maca root supports long lasting energy, and the 3 pollens are considered nootropics; herbs that support overall cognitive function. Try this recipe in the morning to support energy levels, mental clarity, and focus, bringing brightness and vitality your day.
Magick Matcha Donut Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes • Bake Time: 10 minutes
- 2/3 cup of plant based milk
- 1 tsp Magick Matcha elixir
- 4 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp vegan butter/coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (to stir into milk to create “buttermilk”)
- 1 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp of Magick Matcha
- 2 tsp - 4 tsp of milk (depending on how runny you like it)
- Optional: add more matcha for a brighter green
- Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare a mini donut pan with spray.
- Add all your wet ingredients and sugar and mix well.
- Add in your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Use a piping bag or a spoon to fill in your donut pan. The rise a little bit so don’t fill them all the way.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until it’s baked through.
- Let it cool completely and glaze with frosting.
Photos & Recipe by: Sarah Kermalli with Sculpted Kitchen